GERMINATE -- Friday 9 August
Friday 9 August 2024
1pm–3pm · 276 Tikorangi Road East, Tikorangi
Come learn how to grow flowers from seed!
We'll cover all the basics of starting from seed, in all the different set-ups and methods & tricks we've learn along the way, from windowsill growing to soil-blocking to growing in trays, and direct sowing.
For this workshop we will be paying special attention to starting all the hardy annual seeds that can be sown in Autumn and overwintered to flower in Spring.
The workshop will include a selection of seeds to take home, so your garden can hit the ground running.
Tea, coffee, cake and snacks are included.
- This workshop is for beginner flower growers, and growing flowers for the pure fun of it. While we will cover the basics of growing, which is transferable to some degree to flower farming, growing flowers for sale is intrinsically quite different to growing flowers just for fun. If there's enough interest we will work on putting together a more flower farming specific series of workshops next year.
- The workshop will go ahead rain or shine.
- If you can't make the workshop, you are welcome to transfer your space to someone else, but no refund will be given if you choose to cancel or do not show.
- If for any unforeseen reason we need to cancel the workshop, you will receive a full refund.
- Bookings are for one person only, if you would like to bring a partner, friend, or support person please book additional spaces to match the number of people attending.