Due to recent business growth and I’m looking to find a permanent part-time employee to help with the many various field jobs - bed prep, clearing out old crops and cultivating ready for the next planting; planting, weeding, mowing lawns, washing buckets, and occasional seed sowing.
The ideal candidate for this position:
- is an energetic, positive, hard-working individual
- is self-motivated to move quickly and complete the task at hand efficiently.
- is physically capable - in general if you can handle some heavy lifting and wheelbarrowing numerous full loads of compost around the place you’ll be fine. As well as a good dose of monotonous bending & pulling.
- is reliable and trustworthy
- takes pride in their work with a strong sense of attention to detail
- is able to work fast and efficiently in all weather, hot/cold, raining/beautiful, though I do generally try to shuffle the jobs around to avoid the worst of the weather, there are days when it’s just unavoidable.
This is a permanent year-round position, but due to the nature of flower farming it is still quite seasonal. Preference will be given if you can commit to more hours during peak season (September-May), with winter off season hours reduced.
Exact quantity of hours and hourly rates are negotiable, it will however only be in a part-time capacity for now but as the business grows there will be room for the position to grow.
Throughout the peak season the work schedule (while semi-flexible) will be predominantly early mornings and/or late afternoon/evenings, and change slightly throughout the season as the days get longer/shorter/hotter. The winter schedule as well as in late Autumn/early Spring will be more flexible.
For the first half of this year, we'll be back & forth between our old Stratford plot, and setting up our new farm in Tikorangi, but long term this role will be based solely in Tikorangi.
To apply please send through your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org