GROW Flowers for Retail Florists - Saturday 10 August
Saturday 10 August 2024
10am–2pm · 276 Tikorangi Road East, Tikorangi
Come learn how to grow your own flowers to supplement your retail bouquet & flower orders. Growing your own flowers, even just a small intentional few, is such a vitally important part of working with flowers. There is nothing more rewarding than nurturing your own flowers into existence and reaping their bountiful harvests!
Learn what types of flowers & foliages are most rewarding to help stretch your flower budgets further and create unique bouquets & arrangements in sync with the seasons. We will cover choosing what to grow based on productivity, ease of growing, climate, vase-life, profitability. Along with detailed deep dives full of growing pointers & tips for all our top crops most suitable for busy lives.
The workshop will include:
- workbook full of growing info
- quick tour of our farm and set-up
- selection of seed & plants to hit the ground running when you get home.
- lunch plus tea, coffee and cake
- This workshop is aimed at retail florists looking to supplement their flower orders with some of their own grown flowers. There will be some overlap with flower farming in general, but it will be focused on a grow a smaller intentional selections of flowers instead of a grow all of everything type approach. We will cover general growing techniques, but if you'd like to learn how to grow from seed in depth specifically we recommend you look at one of our Geminate workshops.
- If you can't make the workshop, you are welcome to transfer your space to someone else, but no refund will be given if you choose to cancel or do not show.
- If for any unforeseen reason we need to cancel the workshop, you will receive a full refund.